View our latest news and media releases, access our image and video library, download our annual reports and find out how you can contact the Shell UK Media Relations team.
Latest Media Release
May 11, 2022
- By 2030, Shell UK aims to have 100,000 public EV charge points across the country
- 11,000 of these will be rapid chargers at locations including forecourts and supermarkets
- This means that 90% of all UK drivers will be within a 10-minute drive of a Shell rapid charger
Apr 12, 2022
- Shell and Uniper sign co-operation agreement to progress plans for low-carbon hydrogen production at Uniper’s Killingholme site in North Lincolnshire
- Hydrogen produced could be used to decarbonise heavy industry, transport, heating and power across Humber and beyond
- Project recently passed eligibility phase for UK Government’s Phase-2 carbon capture, usage and storage Cluster Sequencing Process
Mar 25, 2022
- More than 75% intended for low-carbon and renewable products and services, including offshore wind, hydrogen and electric mobility
- Investments subject to board approval and supporting policy
Mar 09, 2022
- ScottishPower and Shell to provide £50 million in supply chain stimulus funds for their two floating ScotWind projects – MarramWind and CampionWind
- Further £25 million funding from ScottishPower to support its fixed ScotWind project - MachairWind
- Funding will support investment in Scottish infrastructure and facilities for offshore wind and help companies innovate and upskill and become a key part of the clean energy future
Jan 17, 2022
- Joint ventures plan to build and operate two of the world’s first large-scale floating offshore wind farms in UK waters
- Partners will use innovative technology to install turbines further from shore to catch more powerful winds as part of Crown Estate Scotland’s ScotWind leasing
- As the global economy transitions to a low-carbon future, Scotland has the opportunity to pioneer expertise to develop a new global centre of excellence for offshore wind
Jan 13, 2022
London – Shell has opened its first EV charging hub in the UK in Fulham, London, where petrol and diesel pumps at an existing fuel station have been replaced with ultra-rapid charge points. A global pilot, this is the first time the company has converted one of its existing sites to cater solely for electric vehicles.
Oct 04, 2021
Shell has signed deals with two of the UK’s leading solar PV developers to support the establishment of new utility-scale solar PV projects in the UK.
Sep 01, 2021
Move aims to significantly extend charging network for UK drivers who have no off-street parking, with Shell helping meet costs for local authorities.
Shell to install hundreds of electrical vehicle charging points at Waitrose stores by 2025 as part of expanded partnership
Jul 22, 2021
- Up to 800 Shell electric vehicle charging points to be installed in as many as 100 Waitrose shops across the UK by 2025
- The number of Shell forecourt shops which sell Waitrose food and drink will increase from 57 to 125 by 2025, giving shoppers more ways to access Waitrose products
- John Lewis Click & Collect to be made available in up to 80 additional Shell forecourts this summer - growing the total number of locations where the service is available to over 1,000
Jul 16, 2021
- ScottishPower and Shell have joined forces to bid to develop the world’s first large-scale floating offshore windfarms in the north-east of Scotland.
- The proposed projects – part of Crown Estate Scotland’s ScotWind Leasing – will help decarbonise the UK and support the green economic recovery.
Jul 15, 2021
The 100-megawatt Minety power storage project in South West England is now fully operational.
Feb 26, 2021
Shell has completed the acquisition of ubitricity, aleading European provider of on-street charging for electric vehicles (EVs) following receipt of all necessary regulatory clearance.
Shell agrees to buy ubitricity, a leading provider of on-street charging for electric vehicles (EVs)
Jan 25, 2021
Broadening its current range of EV charging solutions, Shell supports the shift to low-carbon transport by offering electric vehicle drivers public on-street charge points integrated into existing street infrastructure.
Nov 25, 2020
London - The Shell Group of Companies in the UK (Shell UK) has today published its first diversity pay gap report. For the first time, this report voluntarily includes data on our ethnicity pay gap, as well as on our gender pay gap which we have reported since 2017. The report shows that Shell UK has an average gender pay gap of 18% in 2020, down from 18.7% in 2019. In our first year of reporting, our average ethnicity pay gap is 8.5%.
Shell’s 100% renewable electricity offer is extended to businesses in Britain as Hudson energy rebrands to Shell Energy
Nov 09, 2020
Shell today rebranded Hudson Energy as Shell Energy, as it expands its offer to businesses across Britain. Businesses of all sizes will now join homeowners already purchasing low-carbon energy solutions from Shell Energy Retail Limited, including 100% renewable electricity1.
Jul 06, 2020
A national competition, run by Shell UK to encourage STEM learning (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths), has attracted a record number of entries since going ‘virtual’ during lockdown.
Jun 22, 2020
NHS staff across the UK are working incredibly hard at the moment. We are helping key workers from Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust by providing fuel donations.
May 12, 2020
Shell UK is helping to feed London’s homeless as they self-isolate in temporary accommodation
May 12, 2020
Meet the Shell people contributing to their local communities in thoughtful and inspiring ways
Apr 24, 2020
Personal Protective Equipment – or PPE – plays a vital role in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Find out how we are helping to supplement NHS supplies.
Apr 24, 2020
At this difficult time, we would advise anyone who is not a key worker to follow government guidance, which means only leaving the house if absolutely necessary. To make this easier for you, Shell has teamed up with Deliveroo and Uber Eats to offer home delivery of supplies from Shell stations around the UK.
Apr 23, 2020
Foodbanks are experiencing a huge increase in demand and a significant drop in donations. We’re helping out with regular funding in our local communities.
Nov 20, 2019
London: The Shell Group of Companies in the UK (Shell UK) has today published its gender pay gap report for 2019. This report shows that Shell UK has an average gender pay gap of 18.7% in 2019, up slightly from 18.6% in 2018.
Oct 10, 2019
Shell will become the first retailer to offset the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from customers’ fuel purchases at its UK service stations at no extra cost from October 17, 2019. This will be available at more than 1,000 Shell-branded service stations.
Oct 03, 2019
London – Shell U.K. Ltd (Shell) and its partner Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited have taken a final investment decision on the Pierce Depressurisation Project in the UK Central North Sea.
Oct 01, 2019
London, UK - Shell UK and PassivSystems are pleased to announce the launch of B-Snug, a smart hybrid heating system for British homeowners.
Jul 04, 2019
The new 150kW charger is a part of Shell Recharge, Shell’s on-forecourt Electric Vehicle (EV) charging service, and is now available for us at Shell Battersea.
Mar 25, 2019
- More than 700,000 homes in Britain switched to renewable electricity overnight
- Rebrand reflects growing importance of power in Shell’s global business
Shell agrees to acquire sonnen, expanding its offering of residential smart energy storage and energy services
Feb 15, 2019
Shell* has agreed to acquire 100% of sonnen, a leader in smart energy storage systems and innovative energy services for households. This follows an investment by Shell in May 2018 and means that post regulatory approval and completion sonnen will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell.
Dec 10, 2018
Shell UK Limited, together with partners Esso Exploration and Production UK Limited and Arco British Limited, LLC, (BP) today announced the final investment decision (FID) for a Shearwater gas infrastructure hub in the central North Sea. Today’s announcement marks the seventh FID for Shell in the UK North Sea in 2018.
Nov 22, 2018
Shell has started to supply natural gas from the Ineos and Spirit Energy-owned Clipper South field into the UK gas network via Shell’s Clipper hub in the southern North Sea.
Nov 21, 2018
The Shell Group of Companies in the UK (Shell UK) has today published its gender pay and bonus gap report for 2018. This report shows that Shell UK has an average gender pay gap of 18.6% in 2018 , which is an improvement from 22.2% in 2017.
Oct 25, 2018
- First of 500 Shell-IONITY chargers by 2020
- Charge next generation vehicles in up to ten minutes
- Chargers grow network that includes Shell Recharge & NewMotion
Oct 10, 2018
Shell UK Limited, with partners Rockrose Energy and Dyas U.K. Limited, today announced a final investment decision (FID) for the Arran gas and condensate field in the UK North Sea. In addition to this investment decision, Shell has become the operator of the Arran project.
Sep 25, 2018
The Pernis Residual Heat Initiative is an innovative project that could help the Dutch city of Rotterdam reduce CO2 emissions by up to 35,000 tonnes annually.
Jun 28, 2018
The Blauwwind Consortium today announced Financial Close on the Borssele III/IV wind farms in the Dutch North Sea.
Jun 25, 2018
Royal Dutch Shell plc (Shell) today announces a final investment decision (FID) for the Fram gas and condensate field in the UK North Sea.
Mar 27, 2018
Today, Shell has announced the opening of a new hydrogen refuelling station at Shell Beaconsfield in Buckinghamshire. Supplied by ITM Power, this opening follows the launch of the first fully branded and public hydrogen refuelling site in the UK at Shell Cobham in February 2017.
Feb 28, 2018
The Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell) has completed the acquisition of Impello Limited and its subsidiaries (known as “First Utility”), a leading UK household energy and broadband provider, following receipt of all necessary regulatory and other approvals.
Jan 15, 2018
Royal Dutch Shell plc (Shell) today announces a final investment decision on the redevelopment of the Penguins oil and gas field in the UK North Sea.
Dec 21, 2017
The Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell) has signed an agreement to buy 100% of First Utility, a leading independent UK household energy and broadband provider. The deal is subject to regulatory and other approvals and is expected to complete in early 2018.
Nov 30, 2017
London: The Shell Group of Companies in the UK (Shell UK) has today published its gender pay and bonus gap report for 2017. This report shows that in 2017 Shell UK has an average gender pay gap of 22.2%.
Nov 27, 2017
London, Shell has signed an agreement with high-powered charging network operator IONITY to offer charge points across ten European countries starting with 80 of its biggest highway stations, allowing drivers to travel long distances with confidence for the first time.
British entrepreneur leading energy storage revolution wins shell global entrepreneurship innovation prize
Nov 13, 2017
A UK entrepreneur pioneering low-cost energy storage from waste lithium batteries has taken the top prize in the 2017 Shell LiveWIRE Top Ten Innovators competition. Carlton Cummins, co-Founder of Aceleron, has been named the Overall Winner of Top Ten Innovators, receiving $15,000 prize money.
Oct 18, 2017
Today, Shell announces the opening of Shell Recharge – the new on-forecourt Electric Vehicle (EV) rapid charging service. Shell Recharge is now available at Shell Holloway (London), Shell Whyteleafe (Surrey) and Shell Derby, and will be launched at a further seven locations within Greater London and Reading by the end of the year.
Oct 12, 2017
Shell has signed an agreement to buy NewMotion, one of Europe’s largest electric vehicle charging providers.
Aug 07, 2017
Shell Energy Europe will begin supplying electricity to industrial customers in Great Britain, and the offer is now available for customers.
May 12, 2017
European Lubricant experts discuss challenges in the industry at the Shell Technology Forum in Amsterdam.
Feb 22, 2017
Hydrogen refuelling is one of the ways Shell is encouraging a reduction in carbon emissions.
Jan 31, 2017
Shell has agreed to sell a package of UK North Sea assets to Chrysaor for a total of up to $3.8bn, including an initial consideration of $3.0bn and a payment of up to $600m between 2018-2021 subject to commodity price, with potential further payments of up to $180m for future discoveries.
Nov 22, 2016
22 November 2016 - Shell Lubricants has retained its global market leading position in 2015 with 11.6% market share, according to Kline & Company’s Global Lubricants Industry: Market Analysis and Assessment 2016 report. This is the tenth consecutive year that Shell has been named the number one global lubricants supplier.
Mar 17, 2016
Shell UK limited has announced it is to extend its support of Scottish Sports Futures’ Shell Twilight Basketball programme for a further three years.