How it works
Step 1 – Register
Registering for Fill Up & Go is simple. Just make sure you have the Shell Motorist app on your mobile:
- Open the app and select ‘Fill Up & Go’ from the home screen.
- Tap through the intro screens, before selecting the ‘Register’ option.
- Enter your name, email address, create a password, set up a security question and create a pin
- Select payment option (choose Apple Pay or PayPal for an iOS device or PayPal for any other device)
- Apple Pay (you will need an iPhone 6 or later). The Shell Motorist app will link to your Apple Wallet or guide you through the Wallet set up.
- to check if you have an Apple Pay enabled device http://www.apple.com/uk/apple-pay/
- PayPal (you will need a PayPal account). The Shell Motorist app will link to PayPal where you can log into your existing account
- If you don’t have a PayPal account you can set one up at https://www.paypal.com/signup/account?country.x=GB
- If you have more than one payment method set up in your Shell Motorist app then you can switch between them at any time (FAQ )
Step 2 – Activate a pump
When you next want to fill up at a Shell service station, simply drive onto the forecourt and stop at a pump:
- From inside your car, open the Shell Motorist app and select ‘Fill Up & Go’
- Tap the Fill Up & Go yellow bar
- Stay in your car and scan the QR code displayed at the pump or key in the pump code
- When the app displays the message ‘Start fuelling now’ you’re ready to fill up your tank (don’t forget to leave your phone in the car)
Step 3 – Fill up & Go
You can now fill up with fuel, just like you would do normally.
- Leaving your phone safely in the car, start filling up. Make sure you use the pump you have just activated.
- Fill up with the fuel you need. Either before you reach, or when you reach your maximum fuel spend limit, the pump will stop dispensing automatically.’
- Once you’ve finished, simply return to your car. The app will confirm the purchase and you can continue your journey.
- We’ll also email a receipt to you for your records.
See full Terms and Conditions.