Shell stations remain open
COVID-19 is having a major impact on all our daily lives and we’d like to tell you what that means for our Shell service stations in the UK.
At this difficult time, we want to reassure you that we are keeping our Shell service stations in the UK open for business, providing our customers with essential fuel and supplies.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers and retailers’ teams is of the utmost importance to us. We are working closely with our retailers to follow government guidelines in order to maintain our services as safely as possible.
As advice from the Government changes, we will continue to adapt accordingly to protect our retailers, their staff and our customers. In the meantime, let's help each other get through these uncertain times as best we can. Thank you for your help and understanding, and please stay safe.
So, what can you expect at our service stations?
- Our retailers are cleaning sites more intensively and regularly, particularly areas of high public contact such as counters, fuel pumps and payment keypads.
- We recommend following government guidance and washing hands more often than usual, for at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water. The toilets at our sites are open for staff and customers’ use.
- Please follow government guidelines and make sure you always stay at least 2m away from other customers while visiting our sites. Signs encouraging social distancing and providing other hygiene guidance are being rolled out at many of our sites to help with this.
- When you pay, we recommend using card or contactless payments in the store, rather than cash.
- If you’ve got the Shell app, you can also use our Pay at Pump service to pay for your fuel from within your car, using your mobile so you don’t even need to go into the store.
- If you do go into the store, please make sure you always stay at least 2m away from other customers.
Offers and Supplies
- We’re working closely with our suppliers to keep our stations well stocked during this difficult time.
- Government guidance at the moment is to only leave your home for limited purposes. To make this easier for you, Shell has teamed up with Deliveroo and Uber Eats to offer home delivery of supplies from Shell service stations around the UK. For more information please visit our home food delivery page.
- Between 20th March and 7th May we’ve been offering a free Jamie Oliver deli by Shell sandwich to key workers as a small way of saying thank you. We are so pleased to have given out over 200,000 sandwiches during this time to key workers on-the-go.
- We offer great promotions and deals on our Jamie Oliver deli by Shell food, including giving all Shell Go+ members 10% off food and Costa Coffee as a standing offer.
- We are looking at other ways of supporting customers, colleagues and local communities at this difficult time, and you can find out more information about this support here.
Will Shell be closing its service stations during the COVID-19 pandemic?
What is Shell doing to protect site staff and customers during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Why aren’t you enforcing/encouraging the use of gloves when using petrol pumps?
Does Shell have contingency plans in place to deal with fuel or product shortages linked to panic buying?
What are you doing to help the community?
Good things happen when you Go+ it.
Make every visit even better with our new rewards programme, Shell Go+. Enjoy 10% savings every day, money off fuel after 10 visits & more.