Keeping people safe on site
COVID-19 continues to have a major impact on all our daily lives and we’d like to tell you what that means for our Shell service stations in the UK and what we’re doing to keep our customers and site teams safe.
At this difficult time, we want to reassure you that we are keeping our Shell service stations in the UK open for business, providing our customers with essential fuel and supplies.
But, most importantly, we want to let you know that the safety and wellbeing of our customers and retailers’ teams is of the utmost importance to us. We are working closely with our retailers to follow government guidelines in order to maintain our services as safely as possible.
As advice from the Government changes, we will continue to adapt accordingly to protect our retailers, their staff and our customers. In the meantime, let's help each other get through these uncertain times as best we can. Thank you for your help and understanding, and please stay safe.
So, what can you expect at our service stations?
- Our retailers are cleaning sites more intensively and regularly, particularly areas of high public contact such as counters, fuel pumps and payment keypads.
- In Scotland and Wales, wearing a face covering when visiting shops and supermarkets, unless you are exempt, is mandatory, and this includes customers visiting Shell service stations. Please help us follow this requirement and protect people on site by wearing a mask unless you have an exemption, and by continuing to social distance.
- While face coverings are no longer required by law in retail settings in England, the government recommends that people continue to wear a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces. As such we encourage our customers to wear facemasks and observe social distancing when visiting our service stations.
- We also recommend following government guidance and washing hands more often than usual, for at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water. The toilets at our sites are open for staff and customers’ use.
- When you pay, we recommend using card or contactless payments in the store, rather than cash.
- If you’ve got the Shell app, you can also use our Pay at Pump service to pay for your fuel from within your car, using your mobile phone so you don’t even need to go into the store.
- If you do go into the store, please try and stay socially distanced from other customers where possible.
- Some of our sites also offer payment via the night hatch to prevent you needing to go in store. If you can’t wear a mask, don’t have one on you or don’t feel comfortable going into the store you can use this option if you would like, or the Pay at Pump service.
Offers and Supplies
- We are looking at other ways of supporting customers, colleagues and local communities at this difficult time, and you can find out more information about this support here.
- For those who don’t feel comfortable leaving their homes to shop, Shell has teamed up with Deliveroo to offer home delivery of supplies from Shell service stations around the UK. For more information please visit our home food delivery page.
- We offer great promotions and deals on our Jamie Oliver deli by Shell food, including giving all Shell Go+ members 10% off food and Costa Coffee as a standing offer.
Good things happen when you Go+ it.
Make every visit even better with our new rewards programme, Shell Go+. Enjoy 10% savings every day, money off fuel after 10 visits & more.
We work together with Deliveroo to deliver everyday essentials directly to your door.
Pick up your John Lewis & Partners Click & Collect order at selected Shell stations. Order today before 4pm for next day delivery.
Enter your postcode to find a collection point near you