Communications, Marketing and Sales
Communications, Marketing and Sales careers are crucial to delivering Shell messages, products and services to customers across the globe.
Communications careers at Shell fall under our External Relations Department. The purpose of External Relations is to create business value. We achieve this by building and leveraging our brand and reputation; and by making a positive impact on the communities and wider societies in which we work.
The department is divided into seven key teams:
- Brand ensures that the brand promotes the ongoing success of Shell businesses. They do this with a small, diverse team that specialises in brand strategy, communications and media, sponsorship, Trademarks and Licensing Management.
- Media Relations and Editorial help media and other stakeholders to understand and interpret the company’s strategy and business activities in an open, honest and transparent way. The team optimises content delivery through converged print, online, social and broadcast channels.
- Stakeholder Relations is accountable for helping Shell to optimally manage the civil society stakeholder space and managing significant relationships.
- Social Performance manages the impacts of our business on the communities and societies in which we operate. How well we manage these impacts affects the wellbeing of our neighbours - and ultimately of our business.
- Internal Communications plays a critical role to play in connecting staff to the bottom line and driving better business performance through improved engagement.
- Employee Relations Strategy and Planning: is the “engine room” of the department, leading both on Strategy for External Relations as well as the development of the over-arching external reputation and communication strategy.
- Employee Relations Production: is an integral part of External Relations that delivers innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide-range of communications needs, including: events, meetings and exhibitions; film, video and photography; design, digital media and reports; shell.com websites; translations; and effective presentations.
Sales and Marketing is Shell’s driving force for global commercial success
A Sales and Marketing job at Shell revolves around customer experience and is essential in creating value across the entire customer chain. We are looking for salespeople and career marketers that can deliver value and drive customer satisfaction around the world.
Driving profitable growth by connecting with customers and understanding their needs is key to Sales and Marketing at Shell, whether our customers are high street consumers, business partners, governments or NGOs.
That is why we want to find remarkable Sales and Marketing professionals brimming with personality and corporate experience, passionate about enhancing customer experience and can build trusting relationships. We are looking for individuals to be a part of a customer-focused organisation that is striving to make a positive impact on the industry.
Meet the manager, Juan Ignacio Elias, Global Sales Excellence Lead for Shell Global Commercial
Juan says the key differentiators between Shell and other international oil companies are in the value of the Shell brand, its global development opportunities and its commitment to the customer.
“I’ve held several local, regional and global roles in Sales and Marketing,” he says “I particularly enjoyed accessing such diverse scope, and working in a global company with strong core values: honesty, integrity and respect for people.
Juan, who has worked for Shell for more than a decade now, explains how Shell champions effective commercial teams in order to provide the best customer experience possible.
“Working for Shell in any commercial role will expose you to working with a very professional and diverse team using the latest techniques and tools, while maintaining a good work-life balance.”
Voice of the Customer and Commercial Excellence
Shell’s commitment to being customer-focused and maximising customer value is best encapsulated by the Voice of the Customer campaign and the internal Commercial Excellence programme.
Launched in 2012 in Shell service stations across the UK and rolled out across Shell-branded outlets around the world in 2013, the Voice of the Customer campaign allows us to discover in real time what customers think about their experience during their visit to Shell. This is now beginning to shape how Shell service stations operate, and is creating the vital opportunity for us to hold an international dialogue with our customers.
The Commercial Excellence programme seeks to identify and develop the best sales practices for our commercial teams. Helping our sales professionals coordinate and align their work so that they can better understand and fulfill our customers’ needs, it is an important tool in ensuring we have in place the right set of behaviours, processes and tools for our people.
A career in Sales and Marketing at Shell will immerse you in the latest commercial management practices and offer you the opportunity to make an impact in our highly-respected sales business.
HOT JOBS IN COMMUNICATIONS, MARKETING AND SALES
Applying for a job
Explore Shell's career opportunities and discover how you can make an impact with Shell.
Join a remarkable team committed to developing the energy resources needed to power progress.