Communications careers at Shell fall under our External Relations Department. The purpose of External Relations is to create business value. We achieve this by building and leveraging our brand and reputation; and by making a positive impact on the communities and wider societies in which we work.
The department is divided into seven key teams:
- Brand ensures that the brand promotes the ongoing success of Shell businesses. They do this with a small, diverse team that specialises in brand strategy, communications and media, sponsorship, Trademarks and Licensing Management.
- Media Relations and Editorial help media and other stakeholders to understand and interpret the company’s strategy and business activities in an open, honest and transparent way. The team optimises content delivery through converged print, online, social and broadcast channels.
- Stakeholder Relations is accountable for helping Shell to optimally manage the civil society stakeholder space and managing significant relationships.
- Social Performance manages the impacts of our business on the communities and societies in which we operate. How well we manage these impacts affects the wellbeing of our neighbours - and ultimately of our business.
- Internal Communications plays a critical role to play in connecting staff to the bottom line and driving better business performance through improved engagement.
- Employee Relations Strategy and Planning: is the “engine room” of the department, leading both on Strategy for External Relations as well as the development of the over-arching external reputation and communication strategy.
- Employee Relations Production: is an integral part of External Relations that delivers innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide-range of communications needs, including: events, meetings and exhibitions; film, video and photography; design, digital media and reports; shell.com websites; translations; and effective presentations.