Top 5 questions about CCS
Curious about carbon capture and storage technology? On this page you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we get about CCS.
1. In CCS unproven or is there independently certified data to prove that CCS has a role in reducing emissions?
2. How many CCS projects is Shell part of and how much money is Shell investing into CCS?
3. Why doesn’t Shell just invest in more renewables?
4. Is CCS a way for Shell to justify exploring for more oil and gas?
5. The scale and cost of CCS needed is enormous. Is it realistic?
You may also be interested in
Tackling climate change while continuing to meet the world’s energy needs is one of the greatest challenges faced by society. Shell fully supports the goals of the Paris Agreement and, in the UK, the Government’s ambitious target of net zero emissions by 2050.
The world needs a range of measures to limit carbon dioxide emissions while meeting rising energy demand. They include the protection and restoration of natural ecosystems such as forests, grasslands and wetlands. So how do such “nature-based solutions” work and what is Shell doing to support them?