Each year, Shell releases the Shell Sustainability Report describing Shell’s progress to deliver energy in a responsible way and the company’s contribution to the energy transition.
This is followed by an overview of the topics that matter most to readers including Shell’s role in the energy transition, how the company manages its operations and its work with partners, such as industry collaborations.
The activities reviewed in the Sustainability Report 2015 include:
- Insight into how Shell runs its operations to avoid harm to people and to manage its impact on the environment;
- Shell’s work to share benefits where the company operates by creating jobs, sourcing from local suppliers and supporting community development projects;
- The launch of its carbon capture and storage facility at its oil sands operations in Canada;
- It’s production of cleaner-burning natural gas;
- Insight into the company’s lower-carbon research and development investments; and
- it’s innovation focus on advanced biofuels, hydrogen-based fuels and other lower-carbon forms of energy.
Find out more in our Sustainability Report.
Now available online.
Read more about our environmental and social performance at : www.shell.co.uk/sustainability.