The Penguins fields were brought onstream in 2003 as a subsea development via a tie-back to the Brent Charlie Platform. The existing development consists of nine producing wells, four production manifolds or drill centres, a multiphase production flowline, a gas lift line and an integrated umbilical for control, power and chemicals. Cessation of production at Brent Charlie Platform is anticipated to occur in the next few years; therefore an opportunity exists to extend Penguins Field life through a tie-back to an alternative host. The project compromises:
- New cylindrical Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) facility;
- New production wells;
- New drill centres or production manifolds supporting the new development wells;
- New pipelines and flexible risers that connect the pipelines to the FPSO via a new riser base manifold (RBM);
- Reconfiguration of the existing multiphase production flowline for gas export;
- New 16" pipeline to tie–in the FPSO gas export pipeline directly to the Far North Liquids and Associated Gas System (FLAGS) bypassing the Brent Charlie platform; with the associated Penguins Gas Export Pipeline End Manifold (PLEM).