1. The promoter of the Shell Mastercard promotion (the “Promotion”) is Shell U.K. Oil Products Limited (as agent for Shell U.K. Limited) (the “Promoter”) of the Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA (“Shell”).
2. Participants must be 18 years or over, holders of a valid UK Mastercard and resident in England, Scotland or Wales. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, Mastercard, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
How to Enter
3. The Promotion will run at participating Shell Service Stations (available at www.shell.co.uk/win (the “Shell Service Stations”) in England, Scotland and Wales from 10:00:00 BST 5th May 2017 to 09:59:59 BST on 28th July 2017 inclusive (the “Promotional Period”).
4. Prizes will be allocated to randomly, predetermined times and dates (“Winning Moments”). All Winning Moments have been randomly pre-selected via a secure, independently verified computer system. The first entry received after each Winning Moment will be awarded the prize.
5. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, a “Qualifying Transaction” means any completed purchase of any item of any value using a credit card or debit card that has been duly issued and authorised as a Mastercard by Mastercard Europe Services Limited (a “Mastercard”) at a participating Shell Service Station during the Promotional Period.
6. In order to enter the Promotion, participants (“Participants”) must: (i) complete a Qualifying Transaction; (ii) visit www.shell.co.uk/win (“Competition Website”); (iii) enter the required contact information including first and surnames, email address and telephone number, (iv) enter the first six digits of the Mastercard’s credit card number (the Issuer Identifying Number or BIN) number of the Mastercard used in the Qualifying Transaction; and (v) enter the exact amount of the Qualifying Transaction (together the “Required Information”). To qualify for a Tier 1 Prize Participants must also enter their Shell Drivers’ Club number. A Qualifying Transaction and valid submission of the Required Information on the Competition Website constitutes a “Valid Entry”.
7. Participants may be required to provide receipts or any other valid proof of the “Qualifying Transaction”.
8. Each Valid Entry will automatically trigger a digital scratch card for that Participant on the Competition Website (“Scratch Card”). Each Participant that reveals the first Scratch Card during each Winning Moment will win a prize. If no Participant wins the prize before the next Winning Moment, such prize shall be awarded to the next qualifying Participant (that has not already won a prize) after the subsequent Winning Moment.
9. A Participant may enter the Promotion a maximum of once per day throughout the Promotional Period. Any Qualifying Transaction may only be used to submit one Valid Entry.
10. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and that person’s entry will be disqualified and any prize awards will be void. All entries must be made by the person entering the Promotion.
11. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the website. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered on or during entry into the promotion or for any entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
12. 157 prizes are available during the Promotional Period. The prizes are as follows:
(A) Tier 1 Prize:
1 x Priceless Golf Trip to Las Vegas for 2 adults aged 18 or over which (subject to availability) consists of:
- Return Economy Class flights – London / Las Vegas – departing 3 November and returning 7 November
- Return car transfers in Las Vegas – Airport / Hotel
- 4 nights’ luxury accommodation in Las Vegas at a hotel chosen by the Promoter sharing a twin or double room including breakfast
- VIP Hospitality Passes to a professional golf tour event in Las Vegas
- 18 holes of Golf on a course chosen by the Promoter
- 2 x tickets to a Las Vegas show chosen by the Promoter
- Dinner on two nights at restaurants chosen by the Promoter
- Mastercard prepaid card to the value of $300
Together the “Tier 1 Prize”. One Tier 1 Prize is available during the Promotional Period.
(B) Tier 2 Prizes:
6 x Home Entertainment Packages which (subject to availability) consist of:
- A HD Television chosen by the Promotor
- A Home Cinema System with Blu-ray player chosen by the Promotor
Together the “Tier 2 Prize”. Six individual Tier 2 Prizes are available during the Promotional Period.
(C) Tier 3 Prizes:
150 x Mastercard branded footballs which consist of:
- A Mastercard branded football
14. The prizes are subject to the following conditions of acceptance:
a. Tier 1 Prize are that: (i) Winner must claim prize within 14 days of notification. (ii) The winner and their guest must be available to travel to Las Vegas from London on 3 November 2017, returning on 7 November 2017. (iii) Passports, any required visas and travel insurance will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest. (iv) The winner and their guest must hold valid passports with at least 6 months’ validity remaining after the return date. (v) Transport to London airport is not included. All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize are the winner’s and guest’s own. The prize is as stated and nothing else is included. Dates and times for each element of the prize package will be coordinated at the Promoter’s discretion before the final itinerary is provided to the winner. (vi) The winner and their guest take full responsibility for any risks associated with travelling outside the UK. The winner and their guest must take into account any travel advice from the British Government to ascertain if there are any issues with potential travel. Whilst they can advise and recommend the Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the winner or their guest that arises from them not following British Government travel advice.
b. Tier 2 Prize are that: (i) Winner must claim prize within 14 days of notification. (ii) The prize is as stated and nothing else is included.
c. Tier 3 Prize are that: (i) Winner must claim prize within 14 days of notification. (ii) The prize is as stated and nothing else is included. (iii) Footballs will be sent out within 28 days of confirmation. (iv) Footballs will be delivered deflated.
13. Mandatory information
a) Promotion open to 18+ UK Mastercard cardholders only. Employees and direct family members of Shell, Mastercard and anyone else professionally connected to the prize draw are excluded.
b) Mastercard cardholders can enter a maximum of once per day throughout the Promotional Period. Each entry must be linked to a separate transaction (and proof of purchase).
c) The ‘Priceless Golf trip to Las Vegas’ prize is only open to Shell Drivers Club members – entrants will only be eligible to win this prize if they submitted their SDC number on the entry form.
d) Proof of purchase is required – cardholders should keep their receipt when making an entry.
e) No cash alternative.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice. Any changes to these Terms & Conditions will be posted on www.shell.co.uk/win/terms. In this instance the Promoter will make all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect to participants to avoid undue disappointment.
16. The prizes are as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Promoter, a prize must be taken by the winner in person.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes for one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter's decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of each winner. The Promoter reserves the right to investigate any activity it believes to be of a fraudulent nature and to disqualify any participants that it believes are carrying out fraudulent activity or otherwise seeking to circumvent these Terms and Conditions.
19. The name and counties of winners will be made available on request to anyone who writes to Shell at FAO: UK Retail Loyalty Team, Shell Centre, London, SE1 7NA, UK.
20. By entering the Promotion, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions which will be interpreted in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Any personal data submitted as part of the promotion will be stored and processed on behalf of the Promoter as data controller, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
22. As permitted in accordance with applicable laws, by entering the promotion, the participants agree that their data may be used to administer the Promotion, including but not limited to contacting a winner of the Promotion and for publicity purposes as stated above and any winner’s name will be provided on request. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at the email address set out below.
23. By accepting a prize, a winner agrees to hold the Promoter and its affiliates harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the award of or the use, misuse or redemption of any prize. Where the law implies warranties which cannot be excluded, the Promoter liability for breach of those warranties is limited to resupplying the prize (or paying for the costs thereof), where this is permitted by law. The winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Promotion or use or redemption of any prize.
24. To the fullest extent allowed by law neither the Promoter nor its agents shall be liable under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, the Promotion or the use or redemption of any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the Promoter or its agents and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
25. Use of any vouchers awarded as prizes shall be subject to the terms and conditions on the reverse of or otherwise associated with those vouchers.
26. This Promotion including these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with the Promotion and/or these Terms and Conditions.