Applications are now closed for 2016/2017. To be notified when the applications are reopening, please Register Your Interest and input as much information as possible. We may contact you, based upon the information given, about remaining vacancies and exclusive events.
Shell Graduate Programme
Explore how the Shell Graduate Programme could propel your career. With structured learning and supportive colleagues, discover a brighter future with Shell.
Discover what you could become on the Shell Graduate Programme
At Shell, we’re working at the very forefront of the energy industry, taking on the challenge of building a better energy future. Join the pioneering Shell Graduate Programme and become part of this meaningful progress as you develop into a fully-fledged Shell professional.
Right from the start you’ll embark on a comprehensive Onboarding Programme that systematically exposes you to all areas of the organisation. You'll be given stimulating, hands-on roles and get the opportunity to familiarise yourself with our company values.
As you develop your knowledge with structured learning and broaden your experience on groundbreaking projects, you will be supported by an excellent mentorship programme. Constructive check-ins throughout the programme will ensure you won't be overwhelmed by the workload.
Whether you join the Technical, Commercial or Corporate Function area of the programme, you will receive unparalleled formal training that will propel your career straight after exiting the programme. We’ve designed the programme to give remarkable candidates like you the outstanding experience and training you’ll need to become a future leader of our business.
You’ll be able to make a real impact while on Shell’s Graduate Programme through a series of assignments that will positively challenge you.
SHELL GRADUATE PROGRAMME
When you do apply you will be asked to complete the application form, upload your CV and a covering letter.
Your CV is very important and so we offer some advice and guidance to help you write it. The covering letter enables you to tell us briefly why you are interested in working within Shell and explain any gaps in your CV or highlight your most relevant experience.
Take the online assessment
- To help you prepare for the Online Assessment you are advised to take the practice tests: Practice test 1 and Practice test 2.
- Ensure you have researched Shell’s values and read our section on what we look for
- Before starting take some time to consider examples of how you’ve worked successfully in the past.
- Don’t try to second-guess what Shell is looking for. Above all we want you to have integrity, be authentic and confident of your opinions.
- Make sure you are in the right frame of mind to take the test (motivated, focused, not tired or stressed).
- Ensure you choose a quiet place and time to take the assessments.
- If English isn’t your first language you may want to have a dictionary to hand
- For Part 2 you will probably want to use a pen, paper and a calculator as you will be required to make calculations (e.g. multiplications, percentages).
- Take the test seriously – only the numerical test is timed, so don’t “speed through”. Ensure you read the questions properly.
Take part in an interview
Once you have submitted Part 2 of the online assessment we will review the results before contacting you to discuss a potential interview.
The interview will take place either face-to-face or over the telephone. This is an opportunity for you to tell us more about your motivations for applying, your achievements, the challenges you’ve faced and how you’ve demonstrated the qualities we’re looking for.
If you successfully pass your interview we will review any suitable assessed internship opportunities.
Shell Recruitment Day (SRD)
Before the Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) we will invite you to an afternoon of interactive sessions, for further insights into Shell. During these sessions you will not be assessed. The SRD takes place the next day and we will give you a range of assessed exercises to complete.
This includes an online simulation of working on a real project, a written exercise, group discussion, self-reflection interview, a case study including a presentation and a final interview. We invite up to 6 candidates to each SRD, candidates aren’t competing since we have a standard that you need to meet in order to be progressed to receiving a job offer.
Shell Graduate Programme
After completing your assessed internship, if you are successful, you could join our Graduate Programme. This 2-3 year structured programme is designed to broaden your knowledge and skills in your chosen profession, putting you on a path towards senior leadership.
Join Shell Ideas360
Stand a chance to win a National Geographic Adventure